What's new

Dapatkan Daftar Situs Slot Online di SlotAO.com: Forum Slot Online Indonesia

Masih mencari kumpulan daftar situs judi slot online terpercaya yang fair play? Sekian banyak bandar slot online yang bertebaran di internet pasti membuat anda bingung, mana situs judi slot online yang terbaru dan terbaik. Apalagi saat menghadapi pandemi Covid ini yang tak kunjung habis ini, orang - orang berbondong-bondong mencari situs judi slot online terpercaya 2021 untuk mengisi waktu luangnya. Tunggu apa lagi, bergabung bersama kami disini untuk sharing bersama!

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

Silver Ferns beaten 67-51 by Jamaica in Commonwealth Games semifinal

English

Staff member
Reaction score
The Silver Ferns look likely to miss a medal at the Commonwealth Games for the second time in succession.
New Zealand were no match for Jamaica and star shooter Jhaniele Fowler in their womens netball semifinal in Birmingham on Saturday night (NZ time), going down 67-51 their heaviest loss since the same stage four years ago.

That consigned them to a bronze medal playoff match on Monday morning (NZ time) against the losers of the second semifinal between hosts and defending champions England and Australia.

Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
Silver Ferns goal shoot Maia Wilson competes for the ball with Latanya Wilson and Shamera Sterling of Jamaica during the netball semifinal on day nine of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.

In front of a packed and noisy crowd of 9500 despite the early start (9am UK time), the Silver Ferns were second-best from the opening whistle as Fowler, a former standout with the Southern Steel netted all 54 of her shots before being replaced late in the final quarter with the result beyond doubt.

At the 2018 Commonwealth Games, New Zealand were hammered 65-44 by Australia in the semifinals and then missed a medal when Jamaica defeated them in the bronze medal playoff. The disappointing campaign brought about the end of Janine Southbys time as coach.

We had some simple errors defensive contacts, missed shots, throwing away the ball on attack and Jamaica are a team that are hard to get the ball off anyway, NZ skipper Gina Crampton said.

I don't think we came out flat I think it was just silly little errors, and I guess that's individual responsibility.

Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
Jhaniele Fowler was unstoppable for Jamaica as they advanced to the final.

A combination of injuries and unavailability saw New Zealand enter the tournament with a team short of top-drawer talent and light on experience at big events.

The Silver Ferns began with a starting line up of Maia Wilson (goal shoot) and Te Paea Selby-Rickit in the attacking circle, Crampton at wing attack, centre Whitney Souness, Kate Heffernan (wing defence), Phoenix Karaka (goal defence) and Sulu Fitzpatrick (goal keep).

They made a nervous start with Wilson missing her first shot at goal from close range and soon fell four behind the Sunshine Girls, playing with confidence after their upset win over Australia.

Jamaica ended the quarter with a huge 18-9 lead and increased that advantage in the second quarter before coach Dame Noeline Taurua replaced Fitzpatrick with Kelly Jury to try and counter Fowlers impact. Kayla Johnson also came off the bench in place of Heffernan but when Jamaica swept the length of the court to score just before the break, the game was as good as over.

We can't be putting ourselves that may goals down at the start, it's just too hard, Crampton said.

Grace Nweke replaced Wilson after the major break and she gave the World Cup winners a presence and seems a likely starter in the quest for bronze.

It hurts a lot, Crampton said of the crushing defeat.

I thought everything we had done was right all the progress we've made over the past couple of weeks to get us to this point.

Not showing what we're capable of is really disappointing.

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • WhatsApp
  • Reddit
  • Email
most popular
  • Live: Commonwealth Games, action from day nine in Birmingham
  • Actress Anne Heche 'critical' after car crash
  • Family mourns West Coast father-of-two who crashed light plane in Southern Alps
  • Tensions between rival groups at anti-government protest in Auckland Domain
  • Quiz: Afternoon trivia challenge: August 6, 2022
  • My son was groomed online - I had no idea until I opened his phone
  • Statue theft by bike-riding thief leaves community 'disappointed and in disbelief'
  • More heavy rain, strong winds and snow on the way for the rest of the weekend
  • Owner reunited with dog after vehicle stolen with puppy inside
  • A large tree has fallen onto parked cars by Christchurch's Hagley Park
NeighbourlyTravel BookingsPlay StuffStuff CouponsWildCleanFamily NoticesStuff EventsAdvertisingCareersPrivacy PolicyCookies PolicyTerms & ConditionsEditorial CodeContact Us
Breaking news?Send your photos, videos and tip-offs to
[email protected], or call us on 0800 697 8833
FacebookTwitterSnapchatShielded Site

2022 Stuff Limited

Source

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8